Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Trojans (FA#9)

My Trojan forces had been completely forgotten about until I came across two boxes of them, whilst digging out my Samurai forces.
The first box contains my four chariots, with varying degrees of damage, due to a lot of having to move my collections from one storage area to another (mostly for real-life reasons).
This project came about at a Wargames group I attended over fifteen years ago, whereon everyone picked a side in the Trojan Wars, a hero and had to make up a small force for it.
I can't remember which hero I was allocated and whether or not my forces ever saw action on the table either !
Rear view (obligatory blurry photo)
Different rear view (bored yet ?)
 The above chariot was the only one still completely intact with all crew present !
 Here are all four of them:
One crewman awol !
 Opening the second box revealed a hodge-podge of figures in various stages of completion, but no finished ones !
Still a bit of work to do here !
A few figures in various stages of completion
I realised that this was some of my #1 son's half-finished forces, which meant mine were elsewhere (insert cock up and Trojan joke here - Editor's note: Only understood by older readers).

I remembered storing them in a metal biscuit tin and after quick search (only slightly frantic) I found said tin. In case you're wondering why a tin,  it's because a lot my figures are mounted on bases with a magnetic strip, these included !
Here's the photos:
The phalanx
Close up of the phalanx
Archers
Close up view
Swordsmen (yep I know all the technical 'Ancient' terms)
Javelins
'Javelins' close up with blue check biscuit in the background
Musicians (we were using the "Warhammer Ancient Battles set of rules)
"Standard" bearers, some sort of fan and a bulls head
Supernumeraries, leaders, shield bearers etc.
 As in most of my storage there was also the odd surprise...
Ladders, for the towers in the citadel of Troy I built.
A Casualty figure for the boxer rebellion (I do wonder where the others are.)
 Finally, the all important group shot:
Obvious group shot  (sans ladders and Boxer casualty)
So just over a hundred figures, with a few more uncompleted (and probably not mine), not really an army, but still a sizable force and only intended as a quarter of the total force and as I can't even remember which side I was on so these could even be the "Greeks"!

That's it then for this week and another army that may or may not have been used once and truly forgotten about. I have merely only dabbled in 'Ancients', but  seemingly I do have a few.

Thanks for taking the time to visit, hopefully something will have been of interest and as always your comments are both welcomed and appreciated.









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar